The International Young Composers Academy aims at strengthening the collaboration between composers, performers and ensembles.
David Philip Hefti
Description of the Composition Academy:
• world premieres of participants’ works by Ictus Ensemble
• one to one lessons with faculty composers
• lectures, seminars by faculty & guest composers + participants’ showcase
• masterclass with the Ictus Ensemble
Selected participants will have the opportunity to compose brand new works to be premiered in Lugano. Each participant will benefit from dedicated and coached rehearsals and individual lessons. Faculty composers will hold lectures, and each participant will have the chance to present their work publicly. A roster of five renowned Swiss composers will contribute to the Academy, contributing to its stylistic and cultural diversity. Inclusion, gender equality, and diversity are keystones of this Academy, where challenging cultural and stylistic diversities are embraced and questioned.
Application Fee: CHF 0
Participation Fee: CHF 790.— (€ 730)
Scholarships will be awarded.
Despite the ongoing sanitary crises, we commit to realizing the Academy under any circumstance (in Lugano as planned, or online in case of restrictions)
• 28 February: application deadline
• 15 March: announcement of selected participants
• 1 July: deadline for score and parts delivery
• 19 July: the Academy’s beginning: lectures, seminars, presentations, and one-to-one lessons with faculty composers
• 22 July 2021: opening concert with ICTUS ensemble
• 28 and 29 July: World Première of participants’ works with ICTUS ensemble